- Lead the in vivo research platform that comprises antibody-based assets in immuno-oncology focusing on therapeutic target validation, drug candidate selection and characterization, translational biology and indication expansion
- Influence strategy in discovery and early clinical development as part of the Translational Research and Innovation Team and in cross-functional development teams
- Seamlessly integrate with cross-functional leaders including but not limited to Preclinical Development, Clinical Development, and Project Team Leaders to continuously align on project priorities, objectives and outcomes
- Outreach, relationship building, design of collaborative research workplans, study monitoring, technical optimization and maintaining efficient workflow under tight timelines
- Ability to foresee possible obstacles and roadblocks
- To develop and implement timely contingency plans is crucial
- Be responsible for overseeing the development, validation and implementation of proof-of-concept animal models
- Design, execute and interpret in vivo experiments to optimize drug candidate selection and explore therapeutic potential of drug candidates
- Drive and manage externalization of work at CROs
- Line management responsibilities of 2 senior scientists
- Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. qualified with established relevant biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience
- 5-10 years of experience in developing pharmacodynamic mechanistic animal models to support translational disease relevant strategies in disease models of hematological and/or solid cancers would be preferred
- Established scientific reputation in the field of innate immunity and in vivo cancer/IO models as evidenced by publication track record
- Experience in advancement of drug candidates through project milestones
- Experience in working in cross-functional and matrixed research and translational teams
- Experience in leading and managing groups in biotech/pharma environment
- Able to establish, maintain and manage effective collaborations with external partners
- Excellent communication skills at both detailed and summarized levels
- Team player with ability to conduct independent research
- Able to quickly prioritize deliverables according to team and business requirements.
- Full proficiency in English (oral and written), German language skills are a plus
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work in a dynamic, highly motivated, multidisciplinary, and collegial team.
For any queries, please contact Susanne Hering (Tel: 06221 6743 675, e-mail: email@example.com).
Heidelberg, February 2021